During the month of February, all students at Millwood participated in our first African American History Writing Contest. They were each asked to answer the following prompt:
Who is a famous African-American, past or present that you consider to be a ”hero?” Write an essay, in your opinion, that explains what makes this person a “hero.
It is now time to announce the grade-level winners of our contest.
- Preschool – Drew R. (Ridgeway)
- Kindergarten – Aniah C. (Coker)
- First Grade – Nora F. (Kruger)
- Second Grade – Madison P. (Orosco)
- Third Grade – Aubrey H. (Frew)
- Fourth Grade – Camdyn O. (Stokes)
- Fifth Grade – Curring M. (Hart)